You may remember Dr. Robb from Episode 35 when he spoke about true recovery comes once the childhood trauma is addressed. This week we took a deeper dive in the first of 6 podcasts. Listen as he goes deeper into his story and shares “Realizing Your Potential in Recovery”.
Purpose of life is to become useful in accordance of who you really are.
In this week’s podcast, Dr. Robb shares what he calls the central question of his life. The reality is, our parents are/were not perfect human beings. Many times they parented through damaged lenses of their pasts. Dr. Robb shares his experience of his father who became abusive anytime little Dean acted in any way that was not identical to how his father was or wanted him to be. Later he experienced similar oppression in religion and again in recovery programs.
Through years of therapy he was able to unpack the baggage, feel whole again, and really connect to the beautiful being who he is.
We go into the difference between being a useful member of society and becoming useful in accordance of who you really are.
We also talk about the Zen question: “What did your face look like before your parent were born?” Dr. Robb shares that this question helps him connect with who he really is, who he was when he was one with God.
Dr. Robb can be reached at email@example.com, by phone at 908-922-3009 or 908-757-4721, on the internet at www.NextStageRecovery.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/nextstagerecovery, and on Twitter at @RecoverWithDean.
This is the 1st in a series of 6 episodes with Dr. Dean Robb. Did you hear the others?
- Episode 40 Dr. Robb & I discuss “Discovering Your Inner Gold by Doing the Work”
- Episode 41 Dr. Robb & I examine the question “What is Emotional Sobriety?“
- Episode 42 Dr. Robb & I review “Renewal, Hitting a New Bottom and Starting Over“
- Episode 43: “What is Codependence? What are its symptoms? Where does it come from? How can it be overcome?“
- Coming Soon | Episode 44: “Developing Mature, Healthy, Balanced Relationships in Recovery”
- Bonus Episode – Did you hear the 1st podcast we did together? Dr. Robb & I went really deep into how PTSD and Emotional Trauma from Childhood needs to be addressed if someone wants to truly recover from addiction.
Thank You For Listening
Special thanks to Dr. Robb for joining me this week. Until next time!