My guest this week is Terra Rose Ganem. She is CEO / President of Body Brilliance as well as a Speaker & Holistic Nutritionist. Terra delivers a ton of value in this podcast! She gives 4 easy tips on how we can use nutrition to produce more Serotonin (aka the Happy Hormone) and balance out Cortisol (aka the Stress Hormone).
Nutrition Hacks to help us feel happy
Serotonin, the Happy Hormone – is mostly created in our gut. Gut Health is VERY important. Unfortunately, many people do not have a very healthy gut. Here are a couple quick and easy tips on how to heal your gut.
Gut Health Tip #1: Hydration
- Drinking water isn’t enough, we need mineralization for the water to be pulled into the cell and hydrate the cell
- Add healthy enzymes and minerals to your water.
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Grey Sea Salt – You can order Grey Sea Salt from Terra’s company by clicking here!
- Trace Minerals
- ***Helps with constipation
- Sole Recipe
Gut Health Tip 2: Probiotics
- Sauerkraut – no vinegar
- *Coconut Kefir is great for people who have a dairy allergy. Inner-Eco Kefir
- Pill form Pro-Biotics – 50 Billion or more with a variety.
Cortisol Leveling Tip 1: Eat 3-5 meals per day
- 7am, 10am, 12pm,2:30pm, 6pm
- Set alarms and don’t ignore them.
- Set aside 5 – 10 minutes
- protein smoothie for breakfast
- fruit and nuts for a morning snack
- salad for lunch
- celery & hummus for your afternoon snack
- protein and veggies for dinner
- This will help your blood sugar level out and cortisol levels to balance out.Helps with mood swings.
- 60% Augmenting Foods / 40% Extractive Foods – More on this and images found here on www.halepule.com.
- Take the time
- Chew your food! 30-40x per bite. Digestion and good health begins in the mouth. 🙂
Honey, you need to chew your food because you don’t have teeth in your intestines.
Cortisol Leveling Tip 2: Take time for yourself
- Allow yourself 5 minutes of space for yourself.
- No technology, nobody else, just sit and breath.
- This will slow down your mind and balance out the cortisol.
My new project, 60SecondsofSolitude.com – a daily 1-minute meditation podcast is coming soon!
Rise Super Food Antioxidant Drink
20 Grams of Organic, Sprouted Plant Protein in 3 delicious flavors
You can find Body Brilliance, Terra’s Social Enterprise at www.mybrilliantbody.com
You can use the coupon code below and receive 10% off your entire order!
coupon code: melissasbrilliantpodcast
Dedicated to helping people achieve their best health ever, Terra Rose Ganem provides holistic nutrition that creates a lasting foundation for unlimited vitality, energy and happiness.
Ganem is certified in BodyMind Nutrition, Raw Food and Superfood Nutrition, Cleansing and Detoxification, and Holistic Nutrition from the BodyMind Institute and the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
She has traveled the country, privately studying and working with some of the world’s best doctors, nutritionists, and healers to develop an integrated lifestyle approach that provides fast and effective healing. She has a private practice that continually supports clients worldwide and founded Body Brilliance, a social enterprise dedicated to delivering exceptionally tasty and pure superfood and lifestyle products that help people feel and look great!
Outside of her practice, she loves trail running with her pup, mountain biking, rock climbing, building socially conscious companies and creating the best recipes ever (think: raw chocolate pudding!).
Thank you for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this week. Have some thoughts you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Addiction Support Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, help more people find us, and I read each and every one of them.
If you would like to email me, head on over to OakCreekWellness.com/contact.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Until next time!