Emotional Sobriety With Dr. Robb Dean
Emotional Sobriety is the ability to have a healthy relationship sith ones emotions. To be in touch. To be aware. To let yourself feel them and interpret them. Emotions are a fact of something going on inside of you. Emotional Sobriety is the ability to act on your emotions in a healthy way.
Emotional sobriety is not an emotional roller coaster. It is not being whiplashed by your emotions.
In general, the idea that other people cause me to feel anything is erroneous.
Many people have disassociated from their feelings.
If you have a question for Dr. Robb to answer on an upcoming podcast, please contact me here with that question. Your identity will not be shared on the podcast or website. Thank you!
Dr. Robb can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 908-922-3009 or 908-757-4721, on the internet at www.NextStageRecovery.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/nextstagerecovery, and on Twitter at @RecoverWithDean.
This is the 3rd in a series of 6 episodes with Dr. Dean Robb. Did you hear the others?
- Episode 39 Dr. Robb & I go deep on the topic of “Realizing Your Potential in Recovery“
- Episode 40 Dr. Robb & I discuss “Discovering Your Inner Gold by Doing the Work”
- Episode 42 Dr. Robb & I review “Renewal, Hitting a New Bottom and Starting Over“
- Episode 43: “What is Codependence? What are its symptoms? Where does it come from? How can it be overcome?”
- Coming Soon | Episode 44: “Developing Mature, Healthy, Balanced Relationships in Recovery”
- Bonus Episode – Did you hear the 1st podcast we did together? Dr. Robb & I went really deep into how PTSD and Emotional Trauma from Childhood needs to be addressed if someone wants to truly recover from addiction.
Thank You For Listening
Special thanks to Dr. Robb for joining me this week. Until next time!